Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Yuki Eiri from Gravitation






Maki Murakami's Gravitation is one my favorite animes. I was first taken by it when I saw this music video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZmUzVuBl5A. It's really one of the better AMVs out there. Anyway, I related to it at the time since I was in love with a fictional character that reminded me of Yuki. And then I watched the actual anime and Yuki proved to be colder than I'd liked. But he was still gorgeous, no? I really love Maki's drawing style. I occasionally try to imitate it in my work.

Now back to the plush before I babble to oblivion about that. This was my first time using the fabric minky. It was actually quite a nightmare to use because it sheds on the sides so one has to fray-check every edge. But it really is the softest stuff; I like petting Yuki because of it. Sadly, I've kinda been frightened away from minky. His eyes are really nice too, I must say. The color was slightly off because apparently when I mix my yellow and black paint together, I get green o.O?? His ears were also a little too high, so now I'm more conscious of ear placement. And just so you know, in the last photo there, the cigarette was not photoshopped into the photo. It just looks strange since Yuki shouldn't be smoking cigarettes that large!

I'm taking commissions if you'd like a doll of some sort, so send me an email if you're interested and read my COMMISSION INFO HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment