Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Helga and Arnold from Hey Arnold!







These were commissioned by a fellow deviant. I began watching Hey Arnold because of her and it's a great cartoon, full of diverse characters, lessons, and funny scenes.

Arnold wears a wool sweater, which was actually somewhat expensive ^^;. I only bought it because it was the closest color...and then I later realized my printer printed the pics darker than they really are, so that was fail, but I don't think it matters. I also took a different approach to the hair than the official factory-made plush because I wanted it to retain the sharp edges. Basically I glued two pieces of fleece to a thin cardboard cut-out. His head was a bit of a nightmare to make and I didn't really get the shape right in the end T_T. He's more like a Subway-sandwich head instead of football head...

As for Helga, her facial expression wasn't as cocky as we'd planned it to be...She kinda just looks happy :P. Lastly, the true color of her dress (purplish pink) is sooo hard to find...I couldn't find it on any of the fabric bolts at Jo-Ann so I had to buy a t-shirt there of the closest color.

Helga & Arnold (c) Craig Bartlett

I'm taking commissions if you'd like a doll of some sort, so send me an email if you're interested and read my COMMISSION INFO HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment