Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Takumi Usui Plush







Usui is a character from the anime Kaichou Wa Maid Sama, which revolves around the life of Misaki Ayuzawa, the student council president, who tries to make their school more appealing to females since it used to be an all boys school. She's known to be a "man-hater" and Usui (who happens to be the most popular and coolest boy in their school) takes an interest in her after finding out she works at a maid cafe to support her family.

Usui was made for my friend's bday. I reeeeeally wanted to draw that face he usually makes, but with a full-sized doll, it would be such a waste of the big canvas, so I had to draw his beautiful green eyes in all their detail. You may have realized he's smiling in one photo and not the other. Yeah, I thought he looked too serious so I made him smile :)

It was also my first time making hands like that instead of the usual mitten-hand. I might start making these hands more often now. Another first was using this fabric, which is the champagne-colored premium faux suede from fabric.com. It's a bit thicker and harder to paint on than my usual microsuede, but otherwise it's good.

His necktie and belt function like real ones would. He is 15.5 inches tall and poseable.

Usui (c) Hiro Fujiwara

I'm taking commissions if you'd like a doll of some sort, so send me an email if you're interested and read my COMMISSION INFO HERE.

2 comments: